Framing The Canvas Of Acrylic Painting With Glass

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tankers

Tankers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

Anybody can advise me if it is possible to cover or framed my acrylic painting with glass. I understand it is not advisable to do it in Oil Painting. Thank you.

#2 Michael Ortega

Michael Ortega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(Tankers @ Jul 15 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody can advise me if it is possible to cover or framed my acrylic painting with glass. I understand it is not advisable to do it in Oil Painting. Thank you.

Many people do this, as I understand, with acrylic on paper and on canvas! If you can afford it, I don't think it's a problem at all.

#3 Violet

Violet

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE(Tankers @ Jul 15 2007, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been told to never frame under glass any canvas piece because the canvas would need to breath.
~Violet

#4 Jude

Jude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(Violet @ Jul 27 2007, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been told to never frame under glass any canvas piece because the canvas would need to breath.

Violet, varnish your acrylic canvas wih Damar Varnish. If it is acrylic on paper, put it under glass or plexi-glass.

Cheers,

Jude

#5 kita32

kita32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

To highlight the work of a good framework to focus the viewer's attention to the work up, according to Rogge, director of the gallery experience Chaman, eye-catching frame is matched with the copy, you can use gold or thick the frame of mind, or mosaic or paint the wooden frame is required. The posters are generally strong to face with the characteristics of the plastic arts, simple and generous frame required to warrant the attention of decentralized production people, more appropriate is the simple iron box.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users