I Need Help Identifying 2 Paintings

3 replies to this topic

#1 TLHII

TLHII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

To anyone who may be able to help. I have these to paintings which have been given to me from relatives and I am looking to identify the artists. I am an artist myself and very interested in this and hoping to mabe see other work by each of the artists. the first of the two measures approximately 37 X 49, it appears to be signed SUWANG but I am not positive on that spelling (picture provided). Upside down on the stretcher it is numbered 249 and on the back where the canvas wraps around it appears to be numbered 0101210 (also pictured).
The second of the paintingsi have researched but have come up short. It is sized at 24 X 36, appears to be signed HANREY or HAVREY (pictured). This one does have multiple identifiers; first it was purchased from my knowledgeat J.C. Penny approximatley 30+ yrs ago for $115.00, the back of the canvas is numbered 11-652-H3-2-8, also there is certificate of authenticity hanging from the back of it labeled prestige arts. The company still exists but they no longer have records of this work of art. I have also provided pictures of the paintings themselves.

Thanks for any help Tim

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled-1.jpg
  • Untitled-2.jpg

#2 asadd

asadd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

hey
what ever you read signature is. search it through google. it will help to find artist.

#3 jack

jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • Art Interests:Photo Realism

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:41 AM

It is an unknown artist, most likely foreign. 30 years ago the Chinese art wasn't so big but this may be the beginnings of it. The fact that the COA says nothing about the artist makes it downright silly.
Jack

#4 Angelique

Angelique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

Hi Tim, did you ever find an answer to your HANREY painting, I also have a painting with a similar signature (the signature is not in capitals), but as the painting is very similar, I think it must be the same person and am not able to find any information at all. You say it had a price in $, I bought my painting in the UK... Any pointers for me :) from your research?
Kindest regards Angelique

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users